Electrical Testing Engineer Job Description
Permanent Position: Electrical Testing Engineer
£15.08 per hour with van and fuel card provided or £15.92 per hour using own transport.
Woodward Group is an electrical contracting company with an excellent reputation within the industry and are looking for an Electrical Testing Engineer to work with us on a permanent basis.
The company is experiencing rapid growth along with an exceptional reputation for engineering excellence undertaking multiple projects throughout the UK. Our project range is diverse, including Commercial, Industrial and Critical Environments sectors essentially working directly for several blue-chip clients within the UK.
We are an experienced company who have made a real impact over the last 30 years with our innovative working.
About the role:
We are looking for a person who will be responsible for the safe and correct execution of the tasks they are assigned with the responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Read, Understand and Scrutinise test documentation, programmes and drawings.
- Work to given specifications, programmes and drawings.
- Complete projects to determined deadlines.
- Experience of testing on large commercial and industrial projects.
- Comfortable working within a team and the ability to work under their own initiative.
- Experience undertaking fixed wire inspection testing and electrical installation condition reports (EICR) on a large scale.
- Undertake remedial or installation works, completing minor works and other certificates.
- Completion of testing reports and certificates to NICEIC standards.
- Good communication and reporting
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a similar role
- ECS card holder / JIB Gold
- 17th Edition qualified with a view to being trained on 18th Edition
- Strong ability to run projects of varying sizes and sectors
- Conversant and up-to-date with site health & safety rules and regulations
- Previous electrical experience within the Commercial, Industrial and Critical Environments sectors
- MUST have inspection and testing qualifications 2391, 2394 & 2395
- Preferred IPAF card holder
- Lives in the Midlands
- In addition, candidates must have the dedication to keep up to date with the current legislation and undertake any training as required
- Full driving licence
- Hourly rate of pay: £15.08 / hour (transport provided) or £15.92 / hour (own transport)
- Pension Scheme
- Daily allowance when traveling away from home
- 22 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays
- Van with fuel card
Points of appeal:
- A Stable Career with a Growing Company
- Prestigious Projects
- Strong Order Books
- Scope to build technical knowledge within the industry