Woodward Group is at the forefront of LED bespoke design and installation. Our fully qualified engineers use the latest in LED technologies and supply and install tailored LED lighting solutions for businesses of all sizes in the private, industrial and commercial sectors. More and more people are saying goodbye to conventional lighting like fluorescent lights, and welcoming LEDs in the lighting marketplace for several reasons, most notably their extended lifespans, reduced energy consumption and low maintenance requirements. According to the United States Department of Energy’s 2017 Report on the adoption of LEDs in the UK, LED products delivered 469 trillion British thermal units (tBtu) in source energy savings, equivalent to cost savings of about $4.7 billion in 2016.
Here are the key benefits why you want a Woodward Group LED Lighting solution today:
Lowering Costs & Reducing Carbon Footprint
- Fitting a Woodward Group LED Lighting solution enables your business to reduce its maintenance costs and energy bills by up to 90 percent as LED lights can out last an incandescent bulb by 50 Times.
- LED lighting is a great means for companies beefing up their Corporate Social Responsibility portfolio and meeting carbon reduction targets.
- Frequent replacement costs of traditional bulbs far outweigh the initial investment and installation of quality LEDs.
- Enjoy reduced WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Charges for LED lights as they do not contain mercury and don't require special recycling or disposal procedures like fluorescent lights.
- LEDs minimise light pollution because they produce directional light or aim light in a specific direction helping cut costs and energy wastage unlike conventional bulbs, which emit light and heat in all directions - ideal for museums, shops and commercial properties.
Design & Controllability
- LEDs allow for much more control of your lit space as they can be designed to be dimmed and do not flicker.
- Having tremendous lighting levels improves your staff’s working environment and have a positive effect on a healthy working environment with the increased light levels of LEDs.
- Unlike the energy saving Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs, LED lights achieve maximum brightness immediately and do not take as long as Discharge Lighting to be switched on.
Extended Life Span
- Quality LEDs have an expected lifespan of 50,000 hours or more as compared to typical incandescent bulbs which lasts only about 1,000 hours.
- LEDs have no glass enclosures or filaments which make them breakage resistant and largely immune to vibrations and other impacts - well suited for specialist industries like the food industry.
Lower Temperature Operation
- LEDs thrive in environments with lower temperatures and don't produce as much heat as compared to fluorescents which decrease in intensity of light when in lower temperatures and require a higher voltage to start.
Health & Safety
- LEDs produce "cold" light thus reducing the risk of burns and fire hazards that could help with reducing your insurance costs.
- LEDs that aren't open-reflector-luminaire types come as fully sealed units which are more hygienic than traditional lighting in which dust and insects gather inside the unit, leading to additional maintenance costs and hygiene concerns.
- LEDs contain NO harmful chemicals and gasses.
- Unlike discharge lamps, LEDs are unaffected by rapid cycling (being switched on and off).
Zero Ultra-Violet/Infra-Red Emissions
- LED light bulbs produce zero ultra-violet or infra-red radiation. More than 90 percent of the power used by incandescent lamps is actually converted into infrared (IR) or radiated heat, leaving less that 10 percent of the power converted to visible light.
Grants & Financing
- The Woodward Group has financing options available where your monthly repayments cover the electricity cost savings making the scheme cost neutral or more often cash positive.
- There are also public and private sector grants that can be applied for when installing new LEDs.
- Additionally, a HMRC Tax scheme that allows a company to off-set 100% of the equipment cost against profits in year 1. Have a chat with your accountant to get all the details on this scheme.
- It has never been easier and financially beneficial than right now to change to LED Lighting.