High Voltage (HV) Private Networks
Woodward Group can equip you with the installation of private networks, transformers, protection systems, substations, switchgear and project management.
Our specialist project managers and HV engineers will deliver:
- Installations and upgrades of new XLPE 11kV private networks
- Package substations
- LV feeder pillars
- Ring main units
- Fault diagnosis
- Tap setting correction on transformers
- Cable tracing and diversions
- Cable jointing
- Scheduled, planned & preventative maintenance schemes
Although HV switchgear and transformers are incredibly reliable, their maintenance and regular servicing is often overlooked. Should a fault arise, it could be very disruptive, expensive to repair, and even dangerous.
Woodward Group’s complete maintenance package for your HV private network holistically ensures your buildings have safe networks and legally compliant systems.
Our switchgear and transformer maintenance schedules cover:
- Investigating oil samples regardless of whether breakdown of oil properties is present
- Checking gel breather systems
- Inspecting mechanical parts of manual operating mechanisms
- Cleaning, changing and lubricating circuit breakers
- Pressure Testing of cables to check for breakdown in resistance of earth faults and spiking
- Tracing cables, sourcing and diagnosing faults on the system
- SF6 switchgear – visually checking the apparatus monthly and/or annually as well as replacing O-rings and gaskets in case of leaks