Fire Risk Assessment Regulatory Reform (fire safety) order 2005
Why should I have fire risk assessment?
As an owner of a business that employs more than 5 staff, it is your legal responsibility to ensure that you use a qualified and accredited fire & security specialist to carry out a fire risk assessment for your property.
Having a risk assessment performed and adhered to, will not only reduce the risk of fire in your premises but also reduce the risks to your staff and the chance of a potential fire affecting an adjacent building.
Failing to comply is not an option
What does a risk assessment do?
- Identify the fire hazards
- Identify people at risk
- Evaluate, remove or reduce the risks
- Record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training
- Review and update the fire risk assessment regularly
What do You need to consider?
- Emergency routes and exits
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Firefighting equipment
- Removal or safe storage of dangerous substances
- An emergency fire evacuation plan
- The needs of vulnerable people, eg the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
- Providing information to employees and other people on the premises
- Staff fire safety training
Benefits to you and your organisation:
- Carried out by a competent person
- Based on your business needs
- Satisfy legal requirements
- Reduces costs of insurances
- Reduces company’s risk of fire
- Protection to family, employees, visitors and customers
Woodward Fire & Safety Officers have over 10 years’ experience in carrying out fire risk assessments. They are fully trained by the Fire Service College and have been NEBOSH approved to carry out fire risk assessments.
Who is responsible?
Employers and business owners need to ensure that the fire risk assessment is delivered by a trained and competent person, capable of accurately identifying fire risks and precautionary measures necessary to comply with the most up-to-date regulations and laws. This is exactly where Woodward Fire & Security can help.
Whether you are a small independent business or a large multi-site organisation, we can deliver your fire risk assessment quickly and efficiently and in a format that is easily understood.