We are now coming up to the 3 coldest months of the year, here are some ideas for this winter.
Ventilation Done Right
- Install bathroom extraction fans with built-in timers so they can’t be left on by accident.
- Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans during the winter. If you have heated floors, turn off the ceiling fans.
- Install baffles/draft blockers on the outside of your bathroom ventilation grills so you don’t have cold air blowing back into the house.
Heat Where You Need It
- Install programmable thermostats so you never go home to a living room that’s colder than outside. (This can even be done with your smartphone app).
- Turn the output knob of your storage heaters down at night and store your heat for when you need it in the day.
- When you finish cooking, leave the stove open slightly to let the home get all that heat.
- Your pets, partners and family members are mobile heaters. Consider cuddling if it gets really cold.
- Invest in a small convector heater to add heat only where and when you need it
We Would Like To Hear From You
Leave a comment and share with us at the Woodward Group all your little tips on how to stay warm at winter.